This is a mixed coffee drink popular at ski resorts in Italy. It uses the Dutch egg liqueur Advocaat. See my previous post on how to make Advocaat. At 3:42 of the video below, I show you how to make a bombardino calimero. Below the video is the printable recipe.
Bombardino Calimero / Italian Coffee Drink with Advocaat
- 100 ml/ scant 1/2 cup heavy double cream
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 shot Advocaat
- 6 tbsp hot espresso
- 1 tsp shaved chocolate
- Add the heavy cream and powdered sugar to a bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Warm a glass coffee mug with boiling water. Discard water before assembling drink.
- Pour one shot of Advocaat into the mug. Pour the espresso over the Advocaat and then top with the sweetened whipped cream.
- Shave chocolate over the top of drink and serve immediately. Buon appetito!